YMESSED UP LIFE
Thursday, January 14, 2010 - 7:33 AM
NO WHERE… Have you ever taken a bus ride which goes on and on and on? Never ending! But finally, even after stopping you are in the middle of nowhere? It happened to me alright, and the memory of it keeps living in my shadow, following me throughout my life long journey…
The day started like any others, the word ‘boredom’ I believe explains my feeling best. This day there was no ‘Majestic ball of fire’ or ‘an azure blue sky being the background for passing clouds’. The day was normal yet abnormal, at the bottom of my heart I felt uneasy. I felt as if the normally beating down on me mercilessly sun would suddenly rest for a day and give me some cool weather. Or the usually “evil” birds which sang horribly whole day long just to irritate me would give me some soothing music just on the account that some worst would happen on me.
So I spent the rest of my not so fun part of the day with my cousins at Down Town East, the “fun” of splashing water or ‘defeating’ the “U Slide” cannot be compared to what I experienced next.
Tired as we were we wait at the bus stop and we were willing to flag down any bus as we were desperately wishing to get home. We were all on the verge of collapsing down like a demolishing building as we where tired to the core. Soon a random bus came and we board without knowing the bus number and hoping it led us home. But here let me tell u no matter how ordinary the bus looked like, it wasn’t!
Soon we started to notices that the number of passengers started to decrease and the creepy part was that all the passengers were not Singaporeans! “Undaunted” by these facts we did not bother further. “ I thought we should be back at home like 45 minutes ago? Where are we?” my aunt’s voice broke the eerie silence. “ We should have taken bus 250!( which actually means a taxi as the taxi’s starting fare is 2.50)” my cousin rebutted.
Screech! The bus came to an abrupt but absolute stop! The huge jerk cost my fast asleep younger cousin to wake up. “Reached yet?” she asked. “I don’t think so” I replied uneasily.
Suddenly a person in grey uniform came up, “Pass!”she groaned. Unknowingly we took out or bus passes and flashed it. “Is this some kind of joke!” she started to growl, “ This is the immigration custom!” ‘I do not have a pass and I am seriously shocked’ could be deciphered from our faces. We stared blankly at the custom officer and she stared backed at us with her soul piercing eyes as if telling us to “Get lost!” HA! Now we were chased out of a bus! What a disgrace, getting chased out of a bus!
We stood at the bus stop dumbstruck, staring at the crescent moon suspended in the velvety
sky as if look down onto us with a sly look and saying “Ha-ha you foolish bunch of people!”
The day started like any others, the word ‘boredom’ I believe explains my feeling best. This day there was no ‘Majestic ball of fire’ or ‘an azure blue sky being the background for passing clouds’. The day was normal yet abnormal, at the bottom of my heart I felt uneasy. I felt as if the normally beating down on me mercilessly sun would suddenly rest for a day and give me some cool weather. Or the usually “evil” birds which sang horribly whole day long just to irritate me would give me some soothing music just on the account that some worst would happen on me.
So I spent the rest of my not so fun part of the day with my cousins at Down Town East, the “fun” of splashing water or ‘defeating’ the “U Slide” cannot be compared to what I experienced next.
Tired as we were we wait at the bus stop and we were willing to flag down any bus as we were desperately wishing to get home. We were all on the verge of collapsing down like a demolishing building as we where tired to the core. Soon a random bus came and we board without knowing the bus number and hoping it led us home. But here let me tell u no matter how ordinary the bus looked like, it wasn’t!
Soon we started to notices that the number of passengers started to decrease and the creepy part was that all the passengers were not Singaporeans! “Undaunted” by these facts we did not bother further. “ I thought we should be back at home like 45 minutes ago? Where are we?” my aunt’s voice broke the eerie silence. “ We should have taken bus 250!( which actually means a taxi as the taxi’s starting fare is 2.50)” my cousin rebutted.
Screech! The bus came to an abrupt but absolute stop! The huge jerk cost my fast asleep younger cousin to wake up. “Reached yet?” she asked. “I don’t think so” I replied uneasily.
Suddenly a person in grey uniform came up, “Pass!”she groaned. Unknowingly we took out or bus passes and flashed it. “Is this some kind of joke!” she started to growl, “ This is the immigration custom!” ‘I do not have a pass and I am seriously shocked’ could be deciphered from our faces. We stared blankly at the custom officer and she stared backed at us with her soul piercing eyes as if telling us to “Get lost!” HA! Now we were chased out of a bus! What a disgrace, getting chased out of a bus!
We stood at the bus stop dumbstruck, staring at the crescent moon suspended in the velvety
sky as if look down onto us with a sly look and saying “Ha-ha you foolish bunch of people!”
1 Comments:
forms somekind of atmosphere and let people know what you were feeling then.I like the part:“Is this some kind of joke!” she started to growl, “ This is the immigration custom!”
By Lin De Hui, at January 26, 2010 at 6:11 PM



